Switching from one UK a$$licker bank to another is clearly not going to work, as Binance has had no choice but to terminate all forms of fiat deposits originating from the UK, regardless of which UK bank you’re using.
My current on-ramping options are:
* Coinbase (the spread and fees are fu*king awful, flaky service, no BEP2/20 transfers)
* Crypto.com (BEP2 transfers only)
* Kucoin (I’m currently not KYC’ed, BEP2 transfers only)
* AlphaVend (UK Bitcoin ATM vendor with terrible fees and prices, Bitcoin network transfers only)
* Trust Wallet (both BEP2 and BEP20 transfers)
* BlockFi (no BEP2/20 transfers)
* Somehow get a non-UK bank account, and on-ramp using e.g. Euros
Although there are currently plenty of alternatives in the UK, as per the above list, my fear is that the FCA is not going to stop at Binance, and we will eventually be c@ck–blocked from crypto entirely, at which point the foreign bank account becomes the only remaining option.
Thinking long term, I need a bank that isn’t under the FCA’s thumb.
Thinking even longer term, fu*k the FCA, fu*k the UK banks, and frankly fu*k the UK entirely. I’m done. First chance I get, I’m leaving this sh*thole.